Wednesday, December 26, 2007

best christmas ever


  • grandpa's question to the anti-immigrant crowd: "what do we do with the 12 million undocumented? do we load them on a train in the middle of the night, or do we shoot them?"

  • running my dad's train in the front yard to the delight of kids, parents and UPS drivers

  • having various loud, obnoxious conversations in cafes, mostly with dort. the Chronicle, she said, recommended wrapping presents in newspaper to be more environmentally minded. first of all, that is blatant self promotion, and second of all, it's a terrible idea. the point of wrapping paper is that it is pretty, or fun i.e. not pedestrian and everyday (like newspaper).

  • pretty much I yell at my little sister a lot when i go home. maybe i should try a more relaxed approach.

  • thinking about Zeitgeist the movie, which says Christians are first rate sun worshippers. i should work on my tan.

  • i saw the Oakland ballet's Nutcracker, a lighter, sexier, more diverse take on the old Nut.

  • seeing micah go for my present (a rabbit-head shaped mug, Skittles and a cigar) at his white elephant party made my night. hearing Mike Park, also at the party, sing Jingle Bells might just have made my month.

2 comments:

carol said...

wrapping presents with sunday comics might be okay, you know, kind of playful? :)

Pete said...

yeah definitely. or i guess you could do Sports for sports lovers, crosswords for others, etc. My brother would dig Wine.