Thursday, August 25, 2011

Old woman in line at post office in a large town

So I got a notice from USPS that a package was being held at the local post office. I went at the prescribed date and time and got in line. In front of my was an elderly woman in a wheelchair pushed by a younger woman. The older one asked me how much stamps were and I hazarded a "44 cents?" She replied she hadn't been in a post office for a long while. Then she said, Can you believe what they're wearing?" Incredulous, I just looked at her. She then referred me to the two somewhat overweight women at the counter, not five feet in front of us. "If I looked like that I would hide myself," she said, and proceeded to remark that she looks better than they do, even now. She dances, too, she said, except for her bad leg. She used to do them all, the mamba, tango, everything. She turned 97 yesterday. Good for her. She was pretty hot, too.

No comments: