Tuesday, January 06, 2009

northern exposure


i went to the missoula, MT area for a few days. we flew there and drove through the snow to get to my uncle and aunt's ranch. i almost hit like 5 deer with the car.

other highlights: buying Starbucks inside a Target store, getting a complimentary espresso shot; buying Starbucks across the street from a Cracker Barrel and the C'mon Inn, whose billboard advertised an indoor pool, five hot tubs, and an indoor waterfall; and drinking Irish coffee and other cocktails (pear mojito, sour apple thingy) courtesy of my brother.

i read The Appeal by John Grisham and Barrel Fever by David Sedaris. Reading the two made me want to do a spoof of Grisham novels. The Appeal is more jaded than his earlier novels. Sedaris was fun and evil.

We mostly spent our time eating, reading, and drinking while playing Gin Rummy, pool, and beer pong. I taught my eight year old cousin to play Iron Man on guitar, and how to play chess. He and my uncle beat me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a wonderful day..
do visit my blog..thanks