Sunday, January 20, 2008

starving musician blows air hot. sizzle

  • Got back to Menlo Park today. mom got dad a windmill garden ornament, a big cast iron sculpture thing for their anniversary. i think my dad liked it, but wanted something maybe more manly like.


  • we watched syriana. dad got mad at my sister for her not wanting to bring friends to the house. they say she's embarrassed by our small house or something, compared to her friends' houses. which is pretty amazing, considering the size of our house.


  • i argued with dort on saturday. she did not want me to help brian move out of his apartment. considering how much my body hurt after moving, i see where she's coming from -- that it was a big favor that i didn't have to do. i'd rather live in a world, though, where i can call on friends when i need them, like Dort's friends call on her. and i have eaten more than one good meal at brian's apartments. but is my self esteem too low? probably.

    I oughta read Da Jesus Book.


  • montner pete played last night to a rad crowd on a bar's tiny stage. micah's new drum set, with see-through colored plastic drums, reminds me of toys I had as a kid. Tre put a noise-responsive lighting system under the drums to light'em up. Rush would be proud. Also jeanie said tom was being more outgoing on stage, a positive development. now to get him behind the mic (!).

2 comments:

carol said...

i love menlo park :)

DELIRIUM SHOW kscu said...

Johnny V's !