Thursday, November 08, 2007

loss and renewal

i left my violin in front of an ATM the other night, and walked away without it. i returned a little more than five minutes later and it was gone. let's hope this turns out as well as the lost computer incident, though without the danger and knife and pissed off motel owner. i am despairing. my violin teacher gave me a semi-playful punch on the arm.

to find it, i put an ad on the lost and found on Craigslist, filed a police report and called the cops' "property office" or something where all the lost property goes. also called the B of A. i'm considering asking to access their ATM security video records to find the perp. i gave my biz card to the building i left it outside of.

sorry to mope. in better news, i heart owen is reviving itself, this time as we heart owen. be warned.

3 comments:

Chris said...

shit man, sorry. what kind of stuff have you been learning to play lately? you mentioned some vivaldi...

Pete said...

yeah, thanks. i ran through some Suzuki books, which is like what every kid starts on, but my teacher started giving me random pieces that are much sexier. So i played this high pitched Chinese piece that practically gave me a headache from hearing it, but it was fun, different at least.

i play some scale type things which actually sound kind of cool, sometimes, and put strange fingerings and notes in my head.

right now i'm on Vivaldi's Concerto in A Minor but I lack a violin to play it on, so i sing it out, which is not something you want to hear.

are you playing piano?

Pete said...

ps my scales are now from a Kaiser book, so basically the Axis powers dictate my violin music.